1. Don’t blame yourself in any way, shape, or form.
2. Seek relief from a non-human “friend.”
3. Connect with a human friend if you can.
4. Do something creative, no matter how simple.
5. Help someone in need.
6. Call to mind others who are feeling lonely and send them kind and compassionate thoughts.
7. Visualize someplace you’d like to be—a fun gathering, the seashore, a sporting event—and see if, just for a moment, you can feel happy for those who are there.
8. Treat loneliness as an old friend who’s dropped in for a visit (despite not having received an invitation).
9. Remind yourself that life is not always fun and that tomorrow is a new day.
Source: Psychology Today