With India having reported over 1200 cases with 32 deaths, and a lockdown that will continue for a minimum of two weeks more, the implications on daily lives of many in the country have been extreme. For some of us, it is quarantining at home, while many others lose their livelihoods or are forced to go hungry. Many of them are either stranded in cities or slowly make their way back to their villages where they are being shunned out.
Civil society across the country has rallied to put together efforts on crowdsourcing a variety of essentials for those who need it the most.
Below are a few options for you to donate to these efforts.
- Animal welfare:
If you would like to donate to Animal welfare, feeding of stray animals then here are two options:
- Due to the corona virus outbreak all the dogs cannot be rehomed and since have to be fed and looked after at the home itself. KAW currently has 110 plus dogs for whom regular expenses like food, salary, rent and ongoing medical expenses. Any and all funds donated will be used for the dogs. Donate here: https://www.impactguru.com/fundraiser/help-kannan-animal-welfare-1
- A team of residents from CommonWealth Games Village Society are feeding over 45 dogs around the area. They are in need of donations in cash or kind in the form of Dog food, Milk, Rice, etc.
Bank : HDFC Bank
Account Holder : Shubhankar Singh
Account Number : 50100335063051
IFSC Code : HDFC0001358
Branch Name : HDFC Bank Khan Market
Branch Code : 001358
Location: East Delhi
- Animal Welfare people: https://www.facebook.com/awpdib/
Account holder: Vineet bagaria
Bank: ICICI bank
Account number: 083901001654
IFSC Code: icic0000839
Google pay- 9435233330
Location: Diburgah, Assam
- Daily wage workers
A few collectives and organisations raising funds for daily wage workers who are currently out of jobs.
- Support Kachra Vechaks (waste-pickers) in Aurangabad by providing essential household supplies: Daily supplies for over 200 families: @ Rs. 3000 per family of 5 for 1 month.This equals to Rs. 750/week per family, which is Rs. 20 per person per day. More details here: https://www.ketto.org/fundraiser/support-our-kachra-vechaks-in-the-covid-times?payment=form
- With Bengaluru: A citizen’s collective
People in the ‘informal’ ‘unorganized’ sector. Rag pickers, coolies, microenterprise owners, Transgender community, Sex workers, Auto drivers, Cobblers, pushcart vendors.
Virtual account name: With Bengaluru – Milaap
Account number: 2223330039224919
IFSC code: RATN0VAAPIS
Bank name: RBL
Local Team/Individuals raising funds for Migrant Workers, Domestic Workers, Women Workers, Transgender communities
Account Name: Shivangi Gupta
Account Number: 9525001500000814
Gpay/ Paytm- 7764923659
- Zomato Feeding India
Zomato Feeding India (a not for profit managed by Zomato) is spearheading the ‘Feed the Daily Wager’ project to provide support to affected families across the country. Their aim is to help them have a reliable supply of meals in the absence of employment opportunities. More details here: https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support-zomato-feeding-india?community=10177
A large number of daily wagers are out of jobs, and are going back to their villages. A lot of them are stuck in cities with hardly any resources. Goonj is collecting donations and essentials for the same. More details here: https://goonj.org/support-covid-19-affected/
- Budhan theatre and National Alliance Group for Denotified. Semi-Nomadic and Nomadic Tries (NAG-DNT) are seeking support to provide relief to close to 400 DNT families in Ahmedabad.
Details for Donation:
Atish Ajay Indrekar
Account number: 50100177414795
IFSC Code: HDFC0001337
Contact number: +919879203805
Below are fundraisers that are directed at homeless people in different parts of the country:
- Uday Foundation is raising money for a care kit for homeless people. More details on how to donate here: https://www.udayfoundation.org/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/
- Karwan e Mohabbat is a human rights campaign that was first crafted as a journey of atonement, solidarity, conscience and justice. Volunteers are coming together to provide simple, nutritious meals to those stranded w/o food and work, specially the homeless Donate here: https://www.payumoney.com/paybypayumoney/#/A49F28E6FB67DBB383A2AC97176ECA76
And more details available here: https://covid19-afpi.ketto.org/fundraiser/help-labourers-and-migrants-in-delhi
- Trans people
If you are interested in donating to the trans community in Karnataka, Chennai and Toothukudi:
- A collective in Chennai is raising funds for at least 100 transgender persons for their basic provisions like food, oil, salt, drinking water, masks, basic medical supplies and soap so that they can also stay at home this month, and stay safe. Donate here: https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support-kanaga
- Sangama is raising funds to support 500 homes of sexworkers and transpeople in Karnataka for April and May 2020. Donate here: https://www.ourdemocracy.in/Campaign/supportsangama
Location: Karnataka (Bangalore Rural, Hasan, Bidar, Yadgir, Ramnagara, Haveri, Gadag, Raichur, Koppala, Kolar, Chikmagalur and Uttar Kannada)
- A collective of transgender people in Thoothukudi (Tuticorin), Tamil Nadu are raising funds for 15 transgender households with at least 10 – 12 members which is almost essentials and basic provisions for 150 persons. Donate here: https://milaap.org/fundraisers/trnsgndrrelieftoothukudi
Location: Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu
For an exhaustive list, please visit this crowdsourced list for a way to contribute in a location near you: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gXlfwE7ovH6Z0mMKjBk2V6nQj6jht7kSgrEU5aMqu5g/edit#gid=546751180
For mental health support to those doing relief work as well as members of the community:
- iCALL is committed to serving communities during these difficult times. Call: 9920241248, 83697 99513, 9372048501
Individuals can also access their services via email or chat. Details of the same are as follows: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | chat: download nULTA app
- Team Mind India shall remain connected to you through their telephonic counselling services. For appontment, call 8876043151 Or mail at email@example.com.